The purpose of the Statistics Fortnightly Bulletin is to disseminate monetary and financial statistics on a fortnightly basis.
|Volume No.||Issue No.||
|Date of Release|
FORTNIGHT ENDING MAY, 10 2019
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate depreciated by 3.29 percent to K12.87 per US Dollar from K12.46 per US Dollar as recorded in the previous fortnight.
- The weighted average treasury bills yield rate fell to 24.34 percent from 24.42 percent in the week ending April 26, 2019. The yield rate on the 91 days tenor remained constant at 16.00 percent. However, yield rates on the 182 days, 273 days and 364 days tenors rose to 16.50 percent, 25.25 percent and 26.25 percent from 16.00 percent, 24.25 percent and 26.25 percent respectively in the previous period.
- The weekly average currency in circulation increased by 3.85 percent to K7,447.20 million from K7, 171.02 million in the previous fortnight.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index fell by 0.04 percent in the fortnight ending April 17, 2019 compared to a rise of 0.95 percent in the period ending April 17, 2019.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) declined by 3.72 percent to US $6,189.50 per tonne from US $6, 428.39 per tonne recorded on April 26, 2019.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Public Relations Office on Telephone: +260 211 399300, +260 971 270 090, and +260 963 884 820
VOLUME 26 NUMBER 10