The purpose of the Statistics Fortnightly Bulletin is to disseminate monetary and financial statistics on a fortnightly basis.
FORTNIGHT ENDING 28 SEPTEMBER, 2018
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate depreciated by 16.12 percent to K12.03 per US Dollar from K10.36 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- Treasury Bills yield rates on the 91 days tenor remained unchanged at 14.00 percent, while the 182 days fell to 15.00 percent from 15.50 percent. Yield rates on the 273 days and 364 days tenors both rose to 19.50 percent and 21.50 percent from 18.51 percent and 20.50 percent, respectively.
- The weekly average currency in circulation declined by 5.22 percent to K7,363.46 Million from K7,768.89 Million in the week ending September 14, 2018.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index reduced by 0.28 percent in the fortnight ending September 19, 2018 compared to a rise of 0.15 percent in the period ending September 05, 2018.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) increased by 5.78 percent to US $6,287.05 per tonne from US $5,943.50 per tonne recorded in the week ending September 14, 2018.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Assistant Director (Information and Statistics Division) Economics Department
On Telephone: 221650 or 228889 Ext 3203
VOLUME 25 NUMBER 20
FOR SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION CONTACT:
Public Relations Office on Telephone: 221764, Fax No: 221764