The purpose of the Statistics Fortnightly Bulletin is to disseminate monetary and financial statistics on a fortnightly basis.
FORTNIGHT ENDING 03 AUGUST, 2018
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate remained at K9.95 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- The Treasury Bills yield rates on the 91 days, 182 days, 273 days and 364 days tenors remained unchanged at 10.00 percent, 14.00 percent, 13.00 percent and 18.51 percent, respectively.
- The weekly average currency in circulation increased by 6.26 percent to K7,763.29 Million from K7, 305.87 Million in the week ending July 20, 2018.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index decreased by 0.27 percent in the fortnight ending July 25, 2018 compared to a fall of 0.12 percent in the period ending July 11, 2018.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) increased by 0.75 percent to US $6,187.53 per tonne from US $6, 141.70 per tonne recorded in the week ending July 20, 2018.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Assistant Director (Information and Statistics Division) Economics Department
On Telephone: 221650 or 228889 Ext 3203
VOLUME 25 NUMBER 16
FOR SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION CONTACT:
Public Relations Office on Telephone: 221764, Fax No: 221764