The purpose of the Statistics Fortnightly Bulletin is to disseminate monetary and financial statistics on a fortnightly basis.
FORTNIGHT ENDING 02 FEBRUARY, 2018
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate appreciated by 0.41 percent to K9.76 per US Dollar from K9.80 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- Treasury Bills yield rates on the 91 days and 364 days rose to 9.82 percent and 16.51 percent from 9.75 percent and 16.50 percent respectively, in the previous period. The 273 days reduced to 11.90 percent from 13.00 percent, while 182 days remained unchanged at 10.00 percent.
- The weekly average currency in circulation increased by 1.54 percent to K6, 730.47 Million from K6, 628.20 Million in the week ending January 19, 2018.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index rose by 0.40 percent in the fortnight ending January 24, 2018 compared to a rise of 0.52 percent in the period ending January 10, 2018.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) reduced by 0.33 percent to US $ 7,083.40 per tonne from US $ 7,107.20 per tonne recorded in the week ending January 19, 2018.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Assistant Director (Information and Statistics Division) Economics Department
On Telephone: 221650 or 228889 Ext 3203
VOLUME 25 NUMBER 3
FOR SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION CONTACT:
Public Relations Office on Telephone: 221764, Fax No: 221764