The purpose of the Statistics Fortnightly Bulletin is to disseminate monetary and financial statistics on a fortnightly basis.
FORTNIGHT ENDING 08 JUNE, 2018
- The Bank of Zambia weekly average mid-exchange rate appreciated by 0.98 percent to K10.14 per US Dollar from K10.24 per US Dollar recorded in the previous fortnight.
- Treasury Bills yield rates on all tenors remained unchanged. The 91 days, 182 days, 273 days and 364 days stood at 10.00 percent, 13.01 percent, 12.90 percent and 17.70 percent, respectively.
- The weekly average currency in circulation rose by 7.87 percent to K7,436.18 Million from K6,893.63 Million in the week ending May 25, 2018.
- The Lusaka Consumer Price Index reduced by 0.12 percent in the fortnight ending May 30, 2018 compared to a fall of 0.46 percent in the period ending May 16, 2018.
- The weekly average copper price on the London Metal Exchange (LME) increased by 4.20 percent to US $7,188.20 per tonne from US $6,898.30 per tonne recorded in the week ending May 25, 2018.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Assistant Director (Information and Statistics Division) Economics Department
On Telephone: 221650 or 228889 Ext 3203
VOLUME 25 NUMBER 12
FOR SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION CONTACT:
Public Relations Office on Telephone: 221764, Fax No: 221764