Financial Sector Development Unit
The overall function of the FSD Unit is to develop strategies aimed at enhancing the contribution of the financial sector to economic development in Zambia. Specifically, most of the functions are focused around financial inclusion and education.
Financial Inclusion Function: The specific functions are to:
- Promote initiatives aimed at enhancing financial sector development;
- Make policy proposals for addressing barriers to financial inclusion as a vehicle for development;
- Evaluate policy proposals for deepening the financial sector;
- Identify incentive mechanisms for expanding access and outreach to formal financial services; and
- Promote the development of appropriate financial products and non-traditional delivery channels for financial products and services.
Financial Education Function: The specific functions are to:
- Enhance the knowledge, understanding, skills, motivation and confidence to help the public secure positive financial outcomes for themselves and their families;
- Identify and advocate for stakeholders to undertake financial education activities to enhance financial inclusion;
- Promote strategies for the integration of financial education into existing social, community and development programmes as part of the financial sector development agenda with Government;
- Promote the development of financial education materials and conduct relevant trainings; and
- Disseminate information on innovative and high-impact financial education programmes, pilot projects, activities and publications.